Ah yes the infamous “I’m running a bit late so you can you feed him before I get home?” Me being the always helpful husband and father obviously agree to this request. I know what my kid likes to eat and I am confident in my ability to not only make him some food, but to also get him to eat the food. This is easier said than done! I created a lovely selection of grilled chicken, brown rice, and some fresh veggies. After 30 minutes of trying to make him eat I had had enough. Begging, pleading, bribing, distracting, and in a last ditch effort just tossing food towards his face. Most ended up on the floor, some in his little pocket on his bib, and the rest just stuck to him. When do you think the wifey walk in? Yep right in the middle of my final toss of peas. What did we learn from this story?
- According to my wife I am no longer permitted to feed my son
- I am an idiot
- Even though I had a backup meal cooking on the stove (well I had a bowl of ice cream on the stove) and was just having some fun I was wrong (son laughed his ass off by the way)
- I had to clean up the mess, which I was planning to do anyway, but I did that wrong too
- If I am to feed my son my wife must supervise, create the meal, and make sure I don’t throw food
- Men are idiots…I think this is a stretch since she already specifically called me an idiot, but I think she wanted to really drive home the point that all men are at the same level.
- I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old….and I love it! (wife does not find it as amusing apparently)
- My son really needs to work on his ability to catch stuff thrown at him if he is going to get a full scholarship or drafted by the Yankees.